BEFORE YOU BEGIN
You cannot use an intent menu until it is:
- populated with intents
See these articles:
Step 1. Log in to your Helpshift instance as its administrator.
Step 3. In the navigation pane, scroll to the APP SETTINGS area. Then, click the name of the app that should use your intent menu.
The corresponding App Settings page opens. Its Supported Platforms area shows one card apiece for each platform where your brand supports the described product.
In most cases, these cards include some combination of:
- iOS and/or Android (sharing their card when you support both)
- web chat
- web support portal
- All of an app's supported platforms can use the same intent menu. This approach is best when the intent menu is product-specific but platform‑agnostic.
- Alternatively, you are free to choose a different intent menu for each (or any) supported platform. This approach is best when your intent menus are product-specific and platform‑specific.
- Another option is for none of an app's supported platforms to show any intent menu. This approach is necessary before suitable intent menus are published.
Step 4. On the card for a supported platform that should use an intent menu, click CONFIGURE.
When the corresponding Configuration page opens, scroll to its Greeting card. (And note that greetings for iOS and Android are configured separately even when they share their card in common.)
Step 5. In the User Reply Input Type area for the supported platform, click one of the following.
- Intent Menu + Text Input — After your Helpshift instance sends its standard greeting message in a new chat session, the specified platform shows your end-user both an intent menu and a text-entry field.
- Only Intent Menu — After your Helpshift instance sends its standard greeting message in a new chat session, the specified platform shows your end-user an intent menu but no text-entry field.
- Only Text Input — After your Helpshift instance sends its standard greeting message in a new chat session, the specified platform shows your end-user a text-entry field but no intent menu.
Then, when your selection is one that includes an intent menu, you must choose which of your saved and published intent menus to use.
Step 6. (Conditional) Choose a menu from the Intent Menu list.
Step 7. Click SAVE & PUBLISH.
The specified platform now shows the specified intent menu, if any, to your end-users.