If you are encountering difficulty with iOS push notifications, please review the following:
- First, review our developer documentation for configuring push notifications via Helpshift for iOS against your setup to ensure it’s built correctly.
- Next, review the detailed push notifications troubleshooting list in our developer documentation.
- Additionally, please be sure you’ve checked that Push notifications are enabled on your test devices.
If you’re experiencing difficulty with the .p12 certification specifically, which is the most common cause of problems, please be sure you:
- Make sure that you’ve uploaded the correct .p12 file for development/production push modes. For more information, see our developer documentation on configuring push notifications for iOS.
- Check if the password entered is correct.
- Check the expiration date of the certificate.
- Check Apple’s troubleshooting guide.
- When creating the .p12 file, be sure you are exporting the whole public certificate, not just the private certificate which is inside it.
- Recreate .p12 again from scratch, reupload, and see if this resolves the issue.
For the validation of the certificate, we have a ‘Validate Certificate’ feature available in the Push Notifications Settings area. Navigate to Settings > App Settings > Select the app you wish to review the certificate for > scroll down to the ‘Push Notification’ area to review this page.
Click the ‘Validate Certificate’ button. If the certificate is valid, you will receive the following message to confirm that your certificate isn’t the source of the problem.
If you continue to have trouble with push notifications, please feel free to reach out via our contact page. Be sure to include your relevant code snippets, Helpshift SDK version number, steps to reproduce the bug, and all other details and screenshots of the trouble you’re experiencing. We’ll be happy to help you debug the problem!