Helpshift collects select personal information from your end users to provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our services to support your support organization. We collect this information in a few different ways, as listed below. Such information does not necessarily reveal the identity of the users.
- End user data in our SDKs
- Name (Optional field, if completed by your end users)
- Email address (Optional field for the mobile SDK; required field for email support)
- User ID (your developers define this)
- Device metadata collected by our SDKs
- Type of internet browser and operating system
- Device model, device ID
- Network type, carrier
- Language, county
- Issue data collected from your end users
- Message Title
- File Attachments and Screenshots
- Custom Data
- Your developer can configure your SDK implementation to collect Custom Data. If that Custom Data includes additional personally identifiable data, it can be marked as such so that Helpshift does not receive it. This is done by configuring a special flag (enableFullPrivacy) within the SDK. Please refer your developer to our iOS and Android documentation about enableFullPrivacy for more details.
If you’d like to disable this functionality, your developers can configure the Privacy Flag within your SDK so that certain data is not collected by Helpshift. To learn more, please see What is the enableFullPrivacy flag?
If your end users have any questions or concerns about how their personal information is handled, they should contact you, since you are a controller of the data. As a ‘data processor’, Helpshift processes this data on your behalf, so we will provide assistance to you to address any concerns your end users may have in accordance with the terms of our contract.
Does Helpshift share any of the personal information collected from end users outside of Helpshift?
We may share that information in the following cases and scenarios:
- Subprocessors: Helpshift engages with a set of subprocessors to provide our services. A subprocessor is a third-party data processor engaged by Helpshift who has, potentially will have access to, or who will process Helpshift service data (which may contain personal data). More details available in our Helpshift Sub-Processor List.
- Optional Integration Services: In the provision of certain optional services, Helpshift, on receipt of instructions from you, may be required to transfer the data that we collect from your end users on your behalf (including personal data) to interact with the third party services which you have elected to integrate with Helpshift. More details will be published on our website before May 25th, 2018.