Automations allow you to define conditions to trigger an automatic action on a new or open Issue, such as reassignment, resolution, an automated response, and more. Automating these aspects of your workflow improves efficiency by freeing up Agents from these manual tasks so they have more time to respond to users.
You can use Automations to do the following:
- Update Custom Issue Fields and tags to filter Issues into Smart Views
- Assign Issues to individual Agents, Agent Groups, Queues, or Bots to prioritize them for Agents
- Send automatic replies (known as autoresponses) to end users based on information about the Issue
- Update the Issue status once a certain amount of time has elapsed
There are two main Automation types:
- New Issue Automations:Actions that run on new Issues that meet the Automation criteria
- Time-Based Automations: Actions that run on open Issues that meet the Automation criteria
You can use New Issue Automations to create Autoresponses, which can be used to immediately follow-up with users upon Issue creation.
Time-Based Automations can be used to create the following additional types of Automations:
- Reminder Automations: Follow-ups run on open Issues that have not been replied to by the user within a certain amount of time
- Auto Resolve Automations: Open Issues automatically resolved after a certain amount of time if a user has not replied back
A well organized set of Custom Issue Fields and/or tags is essential for effectively managing Automations. Automations are designed for Workflow Management, a package of features created for you to optimize your support teams workflow. Please see our guide to Workflow Management to learn more.
To set up Automations, see the following: