Administrators can restrict the number of emails or web issues a user can submit within a given timeframe using the Issue Filing Limit option under Support Settings. For example, Admins can restrict users to submit only 12 email Issues within an hour. If they try to submit more than 12 issues, an auto-generated email is sent to inform them that they cannot file more issues.
To set a limit for the number of Email or Web Issues submitted by an end-user:
- Navigate to Settings > Support Settings > Email Support or Settings > Support Settings > Web Support Portal respectively, and enable Issue Filing Limit by turning the toggle on.
- Once the toggle is turned on, enter the number of Issues a user can submit, and the corresponding timeframe. A user can submit a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 999 issues within the following predefined time intervals of 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 2 days, and 3 days.
- Important: The above limit will also be applicable for issues created by using HS API with the platform as ‘web’.
- In addition to the above, you can also configure the desired action when the Issue limit is reached. There are 2 options:
- Prevent new issues from being created: In this case, an automatic email will be sent to the user.
- Create new issues and auto-reject them: In this case, the new issue will be rejected automatically by ‘System Messenger’. An automatic email will be sent to the user..
- For both options a and b, the automatic email is as follows: