Spammers frequently change email addresses to avoid having their messages blocked. To this end, our email spam prevention tool is designed to allow you to configure automatic tagging of potential spam Issues (currently in beta). Once you’ve created this tag, you can route these Issues to a designated Smart View. This frees up your support team to file away spam and continue working on legitimate Issues.
Prior to completing the steps below, you’ll first want to create a spam tag in the active tags area of your Dashboard. For a refresher on how to do this, see How Do I Create and Use Tags? To make it easy to identify, you should name this tag something like spam or potential-spam.
You’ll also want to set up a Smart View for managing spam Issues. This is critical to providing a place where Issues tagged as spam can be manually reviewed to ensure no legitimate Issues were erroneously routed there. If you identify spammers via a review of these Issues, your Admin can add them to your email block list. To do so, please see How Do I Create Smart Views?
Once you’ve created your Smart View and spam tag, proceed as follows:
1. Navigate to the Settings > Support Settings > Email Support
2. Switch the ‘tag potential spam’ toggle from OFF to ON
3. The toggle will change from gray to green – click the ‘select a tag’ drop-down that now appears below the toggle
4. Select the tag you created in the ‘active tags’ step as listed among your active tags
5. Click the ‘Save’ button in the bottom right. This tag will now be listed in the Email Support Settings area as the designated tag for spam.