You can allow end users to send images and other types of rich media files to agents. Below are the different types of files that end users can upload. If an end user sends a file that is not included in the list, Helpshift will automatically zip the file before sharing it with an agent.
The maximum file size allowed is 25MB.
|Allowed File Types||File Extension|
|Archive||.zip, .rar, tar, gzip|
|Audio||MP3, MPEG, WAV, .ogg, .amr|
|Image||.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp|
|Video||WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg, .qt, .mp4|
|Microsoft Word documents||.doc, .docx|
|Microsoft Excel spreadsheets||.xls, .xlsx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint presentations||.ppt, .pptx|
|Adobe PDF documents|
|Tagged Image||.tif, .tiff|
A few things to note:
- For Form-Based Issue Filing and SDKs below v7.7.0, the file type will be limited to images only.
- For Email Issues, the total size of the email (email body and attachments) cannot exceed 25 MB. If end users send more than 15 files of allowed types through an email, Helpshift will zip the file to avoid cluttering the Agent Dashboard.
- For APIs, users can send a request up to 25 MB.
Restricting File Types
Admins can restrict the types of files that end users can send agents. Below are the steps to create restrictions, and they will be applied to all channels including SDKs, Web Chat, Email, Contact Us form, and APIs.
1. Navigate to Settings > Support Settings and click on ‘Attachments’.
2. To enable only specific file types to be uploaded by end users, turn ‘Allow specific attachments’ toggle on.
3. Once you turn on the toggle, a list of all the supported file types will be displayed.
4. Click the ‘Edit List’ button at the bottom of the page, and then select the types of files you want to allow end users to send to agents from the ‘Supported Attachments’ list.
5. You can choose to allow only specific file formats by checking the ‘Specific File Formats’ checkbox. Once checked, a dropdown with a list of file extensions will be displayed. Note that you can only add file extensions that are unchecked in the ‘Supported Attachments’ list.
6. Once you’ve made your selections, click on ‘Save’, and a confirmation ‘Attachment list successfully updated’ will be displayed.