The concept of branching is similar to what you might see in any standard process flow diagram — questions are chained together with data that drive what happens next.
There are two parts to every branch:
- Any custom bot or feedback bot may contain multiple bot steps, attached to one another through branching.
- Many bot steps have multiple branches apiece.
- Logic can branch at nearly any bot step, based on such variable inputs as:
- the end-user's choice or response to a prompt.
- the response that an external system returns to your API call.
- the application of pattern-matching rules, which you define.
- the stored value in a custom issue field (CIF).