Although customer service agents can interact with CIFs in a variety of ways, their intent is consistently to see, set, or act upon the details of whichever datapoint a CIF describes.
In Agent Dashboard, an agent can:
- view CIFs that are associated with any of the agent’s assigned issues. They can see this information in the issue details pane, after clicking the Custom Issue Fields tab.
- set CIFs for any of the agent’s assigned issues. They can specify CIF values
in the issue details pane, after clicking the Custom Issue Fields tab.
- define and use a personal Smart View — or use a shared Smart View that someone else defined for them — whose filtering logic checks for either:
- the presence or absence of a particular CIF.
- the presence of a CIF that matches a particular value or state.